Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Awkward Pictures: Diane Arbus



My picture of Darrian
Original Diane Arbus photo



 For my attempt at Diane Arbus' style I used Darrian as my model. I actually had to reshoot my picture because the first time I tried they didn't quite work and I didn't really like them. I took Darrian outside and sat her on a bench. I was having difficulty with the lighting though. It was a pretty cloudy day and they kept moving in front of the sun and by the time I would get the camera adjusted it would be sunny again. This one of the shots where the clouds suddenly moved out of the way of the sun.

The photo is overexposed but I feel that it works better than my other pictures. The trees in the background are out of focus, which keeps the viewer focused on Darrian. I had her make the same face as the lady in Arbus' photo. However, it doesn't seem exactly like the expression of the lady in the other photo. I feel that if Darrian had lipstick on it would exaggerate the expression a bit more. Luckily, Darrian is naturally awkward so it doesn't look staged.

I hope you liked it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment