Saturday, February 20, 2010

Playing with brushes in Photoshop

Before:
This photo of me was taken by John Paul. We took these images outside with a white background that helped block the sun. Someone held up a white card to shine some light on me. This photo shoot was very fast paced and if you weren't paying attention you missed a lot of useful information. I really like the lighting because even though we're outside the lighting isn't so harsh.
After:
After we shot everyone (in the nonviolent way) we went back inside and learned how to edit the photos in Photoshop. First we changed the height, width, and resolution of the picture. Then we messed with the levels to make it look a little nicer. We downloaded some cool brushes from brusheezy.com and that's where we were left to go crazy with them.

I edited this picture a few times before I finally got one that I really liked (this is actually attempt #3). In the image above I used three different kinds of brush sets. First, I used a brush set called Grass Brushes. I was just kind of playing around with it when I asked Darrian if she thought it would be cool if I put clouds, she said yes and helped me find a brush set called 24 Clouds (I would be so lost without Darrian). I used one of the shadows on my shirt to get the blue of the clouds. I experimented with the 24 cloud brushes in the set and was happy with the result but I felt something was missing. So I searched for flower brush sets and found Garden Plants Brushes. I chose the color yellow and put flowers both in front of and behind the grass.

Below are the other two images I did.
Attempt #1
Again, I messed with the levels to make it look a little nicer. Then, I downloaded some splatter brushes and used green, orange, and blue. It's not that I don't like this image it's just that I wasn't really excited about it so I kept trying.
Attempt #2
First, I messed with the levels then, I went looking for some cool brushes and found Crack Brushes I and Grunge Brushes 007. I used black and just went crazy putting cracks all over the background. Again, I just wasn't that excited about it.

I had a lot of fun with this project and have already started using brushes on some other images I have taken.

That's all for now
Bye :]

2 comments:

  1. Your so cute in all your pictures! xD

    And you could have done fine without me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, Cristina!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete