Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A New School Year

Picture taken by Amber Mczeal (I love you Amber <3)

Hey everyone! :D Long time no see. It's a new school year. Sophomore year 2010-2011! I'm so excited to see what's going to happen! Hopefully it'll be a good year with the least amount of drama possible. This year I got photography for my first period. Starting my day off right with photography! :D

But for some reason they put me in Senior studio. The class is HUGE! There are 5 of us who aren't seniors. There's about 30 seniors, 4 juniors and then there's me... the 1 and only sophomore. But that's okay! :D It'll be a new learning experience and I'm hoping to learn from the upper class men's successes and mistakes.

Instead of Ms. Miles giving the 5 of us different assignments from the seniors, she has decided to give us the same assignments as the seniors. This means that I will be doing a "Senior Exhibition" but it doesn't count. It's just practice. When you choose to do photography for your senior exhibition you have to pick a theme and take 15 pictures that has something to do with that theme. You must have these by the end of the first semester.

I have talked to my brother about senior exhibitions and he said that the best thing to do is to pick something you really care about. So I sat and thought for awhile "What's important to me that I can show through photography and can be a series of 15 pictures....?"

Something I care very dearly about is gay rights. Seeing as I am, in fact, bisexual. But even before I knew that I was I still believed that everyone should have the same rights and be treated equally. You have no idea how much it truly hurts my heart and soul to know that people like me are being hated and discriminated against. When I hear about a parent(s) who do not accept their child for who they are it makes me want to break down in tears!

I am very tired of not being heard because of who I am so I am hoping that my work will do my talking for me.

I hope you enjoy the upcoming photos and really try to think about what I'm trying to say or how you interpret it.

I'll talk to you guys later
Bye ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment